- Prep your beer and wine the morning of so they are chilled and ready to serve once guest arrive. Typically alcohol is the first thing guests want to soothe their nerves during the holiday season!
- If your tree has an excess of branches and greens towards the bottom, trim them and use them to fill in space on your table. Tuck some votives in between greens to create a pretty glow.
- Beef up your table scape with extra holiday decor you may have laying around (Christmas balls, garland, pinecones). Put them in a bowl with a pedestal or a long cylinder vase.
- Small frame ornaments make great favors and seating cards.
- Candles candles candles! This is the quickest and more cost effective way to infuse glamour and ambiance on your table and room!
- Take a moment to yourself and take a few deep breaths. Remind yourself that these times (even though they can be stressful) are some of the most special moments we will share with our loved ones.
- Throw on a red lip, pinch your cheeks, and party on girl!
Mia Rose Andreoli is an event planner working in New England.