Invented by Leslie Knope of Parks and Recreation, Galentine’s Day, February 13th, is a day to celebrate your love for your lady friends. You don’t have to pen a 5,000 word essay on each of your friends’ best qualities or create a mosaic of their beautiful faces out of their favorite album covers in order to make it special. Here are 6 steps to hosting your own simple and fabulous Galentine’s Day celebration.
- Gather your gals. We used a free invitation from Paperless Post.
- Crowdsource the libations and treats. Invite your guests to bring their favorite beverage or dessert to share.
- Choose an activity. We chatted and toasted while creating vision boards for the year ahead.
- Gather your supplies and decorations. Take inventory of what you already have in your cabinets and incorporate red paper plates, red plastic silverware, and decorative heart patterned napkins as a nod to Valentine’s Day.
- Set the tone. Keep the theme fun and light-hearted. We chose to cover the table with craft paper to aid in our craft project, then accented it with gerbera daisies, a touch of sparkle using red tea light votives, and wide suede ribbon. We lined the window sills with additional gerbera daisies and votives to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Celebrate each other. Galetine’s Day is all about sharing the love for the ladies in your life. We supported one another in sharing our dreams and intentions for the New Year. In doing so, we all felt less alone, more connected, and loved. Even if you don’t have the time to host a gathering this year; be sure to reach out to the gals in your life and tell them how much you care. [Tweet "The more we celebrate each other, the more there is to celebrate."]